That’s the tweet I posted after spotting a hand-written sign hanging above the urinal at a restaurant. I typically find these funny because you know each one tells a story.
After I posted my picture, it got me wondering about what other funny or interesting messages are hung above the shrine of relief known as the urinal. It turns out, there’s quite a bit.
I’ve selected the most interesting urinal signs discovered online and have now enshrined them into this wall of fame of sorts.
1. “Please do not throw cigarette butts in urinal. It makes them soggy and hard to light.”
What makes this even better is the fine print which reads: Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services.
2. Do not wash feet in sinks or urinals. It clogs the pipes.
At first, I thought, “Who would wash their feet in a urinal?” But the bigger question should be, “What in the world is on these people’s feet?”
3. Please stand a little closer… you weren’t blessed and the floor doesn’t need watering.
Although I appreciate the message, the more I look at this, the more the circular shape on the purple wall resembles a target.
4. Please be considered of others — Step forward and aim into urinal!!
In case you didn’t get the message, this sign had to go and throw down some religious guilt by attaching scripture to it. Actually, I’m trying to figure out how this verse is relevant to the sign. Do they want you to aim into the urinal while lifting your hands in the air?
5. Are you striking out at the urinal?
In case you needed someone to count balls, and strikes, on you at the urinal.
6. Don’t put chewing gum in the urinal, it makes it taste funny.
I get using humor to get your point across. But to deface your own property by writing on the wall with a pen seems to defeat the purpose.
7. Use me well and keep me clean, I’ll never tell what I have seen.
Says the creepy face in the urinal decorated with flowers.
8. This fixture is flushed with harvested rainwater. Not safe for drinking.
As men, should we be insulted that they even had to notify us not to drink the urinal water?
9.You are a grown man, please act like it. We know who done the nasty, please just pee-pee here!
A good reminder that every urinal sign tells a story.
10. Don’t be intimidated! Step right up to “The Biggest Urinal in the Midwest”, Located at Glarner Stube, “The Midest’s Best Restaurant”, in New Glarus, WI, “America’s Little Switzerland” … (Don’t Miss It!) Postcards available for sale at the bar.
Wow! So much information to process at one time. All I know is it looks like a roadtrip destination to me.
If you need further assistance on proper men’s room protocol, I suggest you read this article.
In the meantime, what’s the most interesting message you’ve read while standing at the urinal?