Too many dudes are ignoring proper men’s room protocol these days. Especially in public places like restaurants, businesses, theaters, churches, airports, etc. I don’t know if it’s because they grew up without dad’s, brothers, or what? But something’s gotta change.
To help, here are some guidelines for proper etiquette in the restroom. I’m not a big “rules” guy, but in this case, it seems necessary.
- Never saddle up next to another dude unless absolutely necessary
- Always take the urinal farthest away from another guy.
- If the option is to stand between two guys or take an empty stall. Take the stall.
- Don’t talk.
- Always look straight ahead.
- Avoid eye contact.
- If there’s a line, don’t stand behind someone using the urinal. Give them lots of space.
- Aim (You’d be surprised. Well…maybe not).
- If it’s locked, don’t knock.
- Don’t talk.
- Don’t tap your foot in view of others.
- Don’t reach into another stall.
- Don’t whistle.
- Don’t externalize a sigh of relief. Keep it inside like all good men.
- DO courtesy flush.
- Don’t call someone while doing your business.
And for the good of all mankind, wash your hands with soap. Especially in a public restroom.
To make this world a better place we need to make the men’s room a better place.
Aim Straight. Respect Others. Stay Clean.
Thank you for your cooperation.