One tool that has been very useful for me and my crazy, busy life is a time budget. It helps me align my schedule according to the direction I want to go.
Here’s how it works:
- Print out two copies of the time budget.
- The first copy is to assess how you spend your time in a typical week. Fill it in and be as honest as you can. Include sleep, tv, work, commute, eating, etc.
- After it’s completed, review it and ask, “Is this how I want to spend my time in light of my goals and what’s most important in my life?”
- Now, take the second copy of the time budget you printed out and schedule a typical week in light of your goals.
- As you do this, let me challenge you to take one day a week and chill (Sabbath).
- Once it’s completed, stick with it. (Life happens, so don’t beat yourself up when it does. But do your best to stick to it).
- Every once in a while, repeat this exercise. I find I have to do it every couple of months.
You’ve got one life. Make it count. I hope this helps!
[button color=”silver” link=”http://www.goodsirs.net/wp-content/uploads/timebudget.pdf” target=”http://www.goodsirs.net/wp-content/uploads/timebudget.pdf”]DOWNLOAD A COPY[/button]